Wednesday, December 19, 2007

English Kids Have All the Fun.

Friday I saw the Golden Compass and I am happy to say I wasn't struck down with spite from Jesus. A lot of people say it is about children who kill God and it's just atheism etc etc, but let me tell you why you really shouldn't see it.

The movie flat out sucked.

I had high expectations, I mean Tom Stoppard is one of my favorite playwrights. He is phenomenal, so his adaptation, I presumed, would be spot on. Not so much. Every time a character spoke it was like in another language. Half of the time it made no sense The plot line was just lame. Though I do want a giant polar bear. Oh they call them ice bears in the movie... which is one of the reasons why it was confusing. Like they had animals and would call them basically what they were only less creatively. I.E. a group of people called the "gyptians." Not Egyptians. Not gypsys. Gyptians.

I've been really good about working out lately. Part of the reason why I haven't been around much at all. I have been knitting and I don't have ANY pictures. I'm so lame. This four day a week schedule is just different, so maybe I do want to work five days a week with shorter hours... we'll see.

Can I just say I *hate* perfume commercials? Sure it may have something to do with the fact most perfumes give me a migrane, but still. They're so damn annoying. If you stink, perfume ain't gonna help you, girl!

In Josephine news, I bought her a new set of bowls and she LOVES them. Hopefully she won't be eating more. . .

3 comments:

Hattie said...

Oh no! I was afraid of that, I loved the books, so I was worried the movie wouldn't do them justice...

I always thought the book was more sci fi, not religious, but whatever I liked the story.

elizabeth marley said...

This is too bad.

I saw Juno last night and it was funny and cute. Exactly what you thought it would be. Go see that.

Valerie said...

This will be a movie I wait to rent on Netflix. We went to see I Am Legend the other night. Now that was a good movie. I don't know if it was worth $10 dollars but it was good.

Merry Christmas! Can't wait to see your knitting progress!

Blog Archive