Sunday, January 27, 2008

Quick Hat Sunday

Believe it or not I'm becoming more social outside of work. I'm making lots of new friends at sushi. As for my other job, not so much. I just talk to people about their auto insurance. I hate it.

Guess what:


I AM KNITTING! I have been working on everything and today I finished the main body of a hat in about forty-five minutes. Yaay. As you guys know, one of my resolutions was to keep better track of my finished objects. Well, resolutions are apparently kind of hard to maintain... especially since it's winter so the sun goes down at like two and you get home and you can't get good light especially since flashes are made for the blind. I swear, blind people, really?

Anyway, this is my first finished object of 2008 which I finished a couple weeks ago.


It's for the Knitter Project run by Elizabeth over at geeyouknit. Of course I won't be sending it until later, but it's all tagged and ready to be displayed. I also have been working on a blanket (the brown knit featured above).

Apparently it is Quick Hat Sunday. As I was posting this I was reading some blogs and I saw this post by Melissa at knitting school dropout. I got all excited because earlier today I wanted a break from my four current wips and I whipped up this little number.



It's just a regular garter stitch hat in Twinkle Soft Chunky. It took me maybe an hour max, but I love the instant gratification. One thing you may notice, I'm wearing my glasses in the picture. I've started wearing my glasses all the time because I thought I had pink eye. Well, it turns out I'm allergic to my makeup. Yep, I'm allergic to my Bare Esentuals. That's the only brand I know for now, but I'm not really risking my eyes on other make-ups for a while. Besides, I have fabulous glasses and get a lot of compliments on them.

I'm frogging my old red and grey sweater to turn it into a scarf:


I've decided to put off knitting sweaters until things settle down. I have a brownish red hat, a purple alpaca hat, the blanket, the scarf, and a baby sweater on the needles right now. The good news is I get to bring it to sushi and work on them as I please :D.

4 comments:

elizabeth marley said...

1. I can't wait to see your projects in real life. Your tags will be hilarious, I know it.

2. Once I had an allergic reaction to Benefit mascara. It resulted in this weird bubble growing on my eyeball and a really funny trip to the ER.

Team Knit said...

Your chunky red hat makes me so happy just looking at it! Very cheery, my dear.

- Julie

melissa said...

i love the chunky garter stitch hat! maybe i will make one with my twinkle leftovers.

my bare escentuals make-up made my skin extremely itchy. it's too bad, because damn, my skin did look nice.

Valerie said...

That hat looks beautiful!! Well done, Well done!!

-=waves=- Bye bye Where's Waldo Sweater. You'll look awesome has a scarf.

I'm glad to hear that everything is going along nicely for you dear. =)

Blog Archive