Monday, February 11, 2008

Fast Stitching February

First up, you all love my hair news whether you want it or not. I was blonde earlier this year, then brunette only figures I go to red. Though I am still more brunette than red.



It's mama-to-be season and a friend of mine asked me if I could put together a little somethin' somethin' for her friend's baby. This is my new "Standard Baby-Birthing Package:"

1.
Baby Booties. These puppies are from a Phildar (a French knitting magazine) issue. The Phildar and Debbie Bliss's Babies for Beginners or whatever it's called are my two favorite baby knitting books. In fact, they're the only two I ever use.

2.
Baby Jacket. I love me a good raglan. This is a good raglan. I made it up and I compiled the measurements from just about every free pattern I could find. Both sweater and booties were made of Caron Simply Soft (I don't know these heathens, they get $4 yarn.)

3.
Mama Slippers. I hear people don't give the mothers much. I'm sorry, but their vaginas expand to 10cm. That's four inches. That's a gauge swatch. No thanks. Mama gets something nice on their feet; she deserves it.

Last but not least, I treated myself to the following:


MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM is for Misti Alpaca Chunkaaaay. You have to say it like that or it's just not cool.

4 comments:

Hattie said...

Haha nothing wrong with Caron Simply Soft. I've made some pretty things with it.

LOVE the red hair.

Dude when the heck are you gonna get online and talk to me???

Twitchy Knitter said...

It's about time someone recognized that massive vagina expansion merits a treat for the feet. Bravo!

emily said...

I second that!

Valerie said...

I want to roll around in the Alpaca yarn. I love that stuff!!

You are definitely onto something. -=giggle=- Mom's deserve presents too.

Also, your hair looks wonderful!

Blog Archive