Saturday, February 10, 2007

The GRE Blues.

No knitting news. I'll have some items in the shop by the end of the weekend.

Last night, Ari and I went up to the Gothic and checked out a few an-hour-away local bands. They were all fantastic. I completely recomend them (even the band that you can't understand their lyrics) . On that note, how does one spell recommend? Reccoommmeend? I'd use spell check, but I could possibly strain my finger.

I have six days before my GREs now and I have a rant. As many of you know, half of me puts the Asian in Caucasian (which is probably not how you spell Caucasian either), so obviously, this means I know karate, but have British teeth. Additionally, it creates a problem when it comes to standardized tests. Both parts of me hate standardized tests, but the problem is the actual test. SEe, in high school, I rebelled with my "CSAP is CRAP" t-shirt (which I still agree with), but when college time came around I had a choice. Take the SAT or ACT or not. I took the SAT and the ACT. The white part of me hates that.

I think now that the GREs are just a few days away, the reality of graduation is setting in. Here I am 22 and about to make my mark on the wall. What will it say? What will I do? Will I find a happy median between Emily Bronte and Dorothy Parker? Will I end up studying American Modernism or the British Victorian period? I hate being an adult and I hate the fact when I talk to my friends about this, they are as clueless as me. It seemed so obvious in high school. Graduate then college. Not middle ground.

Now, the world is my pearl and my oyster. I can do whatever I want, but I am bound by requirements and experience. I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure I liked it better in the womb.

Links of the day:
Meese
Nathan and Stephen
The Photo Atlas
Born in the Flood

1 comment:

Fancy Pants said...

Don't fret your GREs lady. I took it twice and did quite alright and I'm sure you'll do perfecto. I have some alpaca that I wanted to make into some mitts so they now have your name written all over 'em. I would LOVE some of your stitch markers. They are super cute. I love all aminals but I'm pretty keen on the kittikins. It's your choice 'cause I totally trust your taste. Hurrah! I'm so excited!!

Blog Archive