Sunday, December 30, 2007

Everything Is All The Same

I think my blog could be renamed "A Frustrated Life" because it seems as though every day I am frustrated and when I'm not frustrated, I'm asleep. But alas, it seems frustration has even hit me in my sleep. I haven't been sleeping well and so I wake up frustrated. It seems that every week once one problem is solved all the rest are still there. Last week I was frustrated because I was splitting my time between my apartment and my parents' house and my sister was there too so it was even more hair pulling. One week it's money problems, another it's man problems, and yet another it's my messy apartment or my parents. Well, this week it's my stupid rules at my stupid job and my parents.

As we all know, I was sent home Friday because of my contagious eye. Though this was freaking sweet, I am a little nervous due to my quickly diminishing bank of Paid Time Off. Granted I have a good two days left, but I don't want to use them quite yet. I need some to carry over next year. The crappy thing is I don't know if I'm supposed to go to the doctor and get a note to go back to work or not. They have all these stupid rules at my work and if you're out for more than three days, you need a note from a doctor. Well, technically it hasn't been three days. Anyway, it doesn't matter because I don't know if I'll be able ot return to work tomorrow or not since my eyeball drops don't start making significant progress until Monday. I guess we'll see.

The other thing that's frustrating. My parents. I live closer to them than my brother and sister and it's annoying getting calls from them demanding I do thing with them. My dad has pretty much stopped listening to everything I say and he called me to ask me if I had to go to the doctor's when we already had a huge long convo about it. Then they're bitching that I don't go to church enough. I'm sorry but once a week is fine with me and I'm sorry but I don't really have much free time to myself and I don't like sharing it with old people who don't know anything about me. Today an old lady came up to me and asked me if I was visiting my parents and also if I was still in school. Conversation is as follows:

Lady: "Are you in school?"
Me: "No, I graduated from college in May."
Lady: "Oh, so you still live at home..."
Me: "No, I'm on my own. Just working."
Lady: "Because you didn't go to college."
Me: ". . . No, I graduated from college in May."

Ugh. I'm just so annoyed because my parents are still trying to control my life. I swear if I get a call from my parents once a day it's unusual. I feel like I'm going to rip out my hair.

In other, more enjoyable news. . . Ladies and Gentlemen, we have ourselves a finished object:



It's a scarf for my Marie Antoinette scarf. I love it and I think the pastelly colors are great. Oh team, I have to get moving. I have a date with my friend and her husband. He's leaving next Monday for Bah Rein (sp?) and this is the last time I'll see him for a year!

OH also: My New Years' Eve Resolutions:
- Keep better track of my FO
- Keep working out 3-4 times a week
- Grow the cajones to ask out Cute Grocery Store Boy

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Gorgeous

pantoufle said...

That scarf is totally bonbonlicisous! Good luck with the resolutions.

Team Knit said...

I totally support all of your new year's resolutions- particularly asking out the cute grocery store boy! Go for it.

And I googled it for you, because I'm a keener that way - Bahrain.

- Julie

Team Knit said...

Oh, and I forgot- great scarf! Very cute colourway, very Marie Antoinette.

Valerie said...

Those are perfect resolutions! Get to work on #3 soon lady! -=giggle=-

Sorry you've been so frustrated lately. I hope the new year brings you time to relax and knit!

Blog Archive